Tuesday 11 March 2014

Editing a painting on Photoshop


In this lesson, our task was to chose one of our images we had painted over the past week and edit it so that is resembles a final, mounted piece.

The first step was to rotate the image so that it was correctly placed and ready to edit.

Next, I cropped my image using the crop tool to A3 proportions [42x29.7cm]

Then, to help with editing the shading/brightness and contrast to my desired levels, I used the levels tool- which allows me to change all 3 of these so that my image looked as I desired.

I then went to image, adjustments and chose to mess around with hue/saturation. I could change the entire colour of my piece if  chose to but I decided to keep it realistic and see what i could do with the greens.

The last step was to as a boarder to my image so that it resembled a photography final piece where you would frame an image using black mount board. I did this by selecting 'canvas size' and choosing to add a black 100x100 boarder.

The Result

No comments:

Post a Comment