Tuesday 20 May 2014

Merging Two Designs on Photoshop

For this task, I had to merge two different designs of mine (one of which being the digital repeat pattern I made previous to this) to create a completely new piece.


This image shows one of my designs. I did this one during studio time but scanned it in to use as one out of the two designs of mine.


I wanted to make it look like the original image; so, I wanted to remove any unwanted shadows and make the colours more vibrant. I did this using the levels tool.


I then rotated the image so it was like the original and then saved it as a pattern to use again on a lager file.


I opened a new file using a larger resolution and also selected my pattern to fill it using the fill tool.


The larger file resolution allowed my image to repeat almost 5x.


I then wanted to merge these two images, my scanned image and my digital repeat pattern, to create a final design. I did this by selecting the move tool and dragging one image onto the other.
Then, while on the layers, I chose an edit called 'difference'. This allowed both designs to show through in an interesting way and, after playing with the hue, this was the result.

The Final Piece

No comments:

Post a Comment