Tuesday 26 November 2013

Creating a Tag

To begin this lesson, we had to decide on a wall background on Google we could download and then use for our final piece. We then opened a Photoshop document and create a custom size background and added a new layer.  We selected the calligraphic brush tool [a brush that is designed on an angle] to design a funky tag as seen above. I did my name.
After creating the tag, I selected the FX tool>stroke and began to personalise our tags by selecting options such as Outer glow, Inner Glow, Gradient overlay, Inner shadow etc. to change the colour and the gradient of the colour within and surrounding your design and the shadows/glow. We then flattened the image so it was all one layer, selected it and copied and pasted on our downloaded wall background.


Once the image is pasted, I selected the layer mode to 'multiply' so that the white background disappeared and i was only left with the design of my tag upon the wall background. I realised the wall background was at a slight angle and decided to use Free Transform>Distort to mess with my tag until it fit and looked natural. I then also decided to use a filter to see if I could make my piece more original; I decided to use the filter Paint Daubs as it gave it an interesting glowing outline.

The Final Piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment